An excellent opportunity is available for an Accountant to join a successful and growing local organisation.
The Accountant will report directly to the Director and play and integral role within the company. The successful candidate will have ownership of the finance function. You will be able to grow with the business and develop your area in line with business objectives.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to take complete ownership of the finance function
- Fantastic opportunity to join a successful, and expanding, organisation
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Work closely with the Director on innovative business opportunities while providing relevant financial information
- Create weekly, monthly, and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Review structure of the finance function regularly, suggesting updates and improvements where necessary
- Monitor spending, recommending ways to reduce cost and increase profit
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Implementing and maintaining highest quality financial controls and reporting systems, ensuring continuous improvement and a forward-thinking approach
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Deliver strategic and financial planning advice
- Liaising with banking institutions and government agencies
- Handling claims, disputes and necessary legal action relating to these
- Contribute to the on-going management and development of the company
- Any other duties as required
- Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA or Non Qualified with relevant experience will be considered
- 5 years experience within a finance or accounting role
- Exposure to legal cases and disputes would be advantageous
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Results driven and ensures tasks are delivered to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and minimum guidance
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
For further information, and to apply for this Senior Accountant job, please contact Laura McFarlane. Visit our website for a full list of Accountancy & Finance opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.