CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Why join CBRE?
As an innovative and solutions orientated business, CBRE places its employees at the heart of everything it does. Joining our hugely successful Local UK business, you will become an integral part of the division’s senior leadership team, helping shape and drive its technical excellence. Working in partnership with the operational team, you will act as the subject matter expert advising the divisions contracts, developing employees careers, bringing innovation and best practice to CBRE.
Finance and Contract Support Manager
To lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial strategy, controls and management information for the contract. Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage.
- Ensure business policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the contract
- Continual review and maintenance of billing, debt, work in progress, purchase orders and ledger postings against Plan, forecast and prior year results and trends
- Identify and resolve any areas of financial weakness within the contract in a timely manner
- Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
- Continually control accounting system and users to ensure the integrity of its financial data
- Provide information and resolve issues raised by both external and internal auditors
- Prepare accurate Contract reports in line with strict monthly company timetable. Incorporate full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations plus detailed Project Profitability
- Collate challenging but realistic rolling three monthly Profit & Loss forecasts together with annual expectations based on the latest available management information
- Prepare annual Contract plan in conjunction with finance manager and contract management
- Prepare Cost-benefit reports and pro-active analytical works to facilitate continuous improvement of Contract performance
- Any other reporting as requested by Business Unit or Divisional Management
Manage and Develop Contract Support Team
- Recruit appropriate contract support who are trained to the correct performance standards
- Ensure the scope of the contract support role is correct and understood
- Ensure contract support adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ensure contract support are trained on the business systems applicable to the role (e.g. Dynamics, Excel)
- Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans
- Measure against defined KPIs
- Create “buddy” systems where applicable for mentoring
- Hold regular team meetings with all contract support so that consistency, best practice and ideas are shared across the team
- Identify key stakeholders, including central finance team, prioritise their needs and review on a monthly basis
- Ensure Contract issues and solutions are identified promptly, communicated to the appropriate level and resolution monitored via the CBRE GWS monthly contract and business unit review process
- Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through regular site visits with focus on underperforming areas
- Provide financial and contract support leadership and direction on the Contract. This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge
- Use this specialist knowledge and experience to provide insight and influence to impact performance standards
- Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of staff
- Make commercial decisions
- Visit sites, meet customers and communicate with Contract line managers
- Sharing knowledge and best practice across the company
- Training of non-finance staff in use of financial systems
- Check, challenge and advise at all levels
Knowledge and Skills
- The successful person will hold a recognised CCAB accounting qualification with relevant PQE gained in a similar environment.
- Strong management accounting and analytical skills are essential to the position together with a working knowledge of statutory reporting and multiple currency accounting in a Central European environment.
- The individual should also be comfortable working on an integrated accounts package together with detailed knowledge of core office systems – particularly MS Excel.
- The Finance Manager will be responsible, together with contract managers, for the management of the contract support team. Strong people management and communication skills are essential to ensure competent and motivated staff.
- his role requires a person, who has a strong customer focus, promotes team spirit, boosts morale and who subscribes to the Company ethos of continual improvement.
- It is likely to suit an individual who is self motivated, reliable, and professional. They should be able to exercise an attention to detail which will be paramount to delivering the required job performance levels.
- They should be experienced in time management in order that all tasks are correctly prioritised with skills in working to strict deadlines.
- The position also demands a strong communicator who will build relationships at various levels within the organisation. Through these relationships the post holder will be confident enough to influence decisions and therefore performance in a pro-active manner.