Currently recruiting for a Payroll/Accounts Officer within a Charitable organisation on a permanent basis within their Newry office.
This is a new role which will be responsible for ensuring bookkeeping duties are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To maintain all computerised financial records.
- To receive, check and pay all accounts due to, or incurred by, the organisation, including BACS payments.
- To process monthly computerised payroll, including calculation of sick pay, maternity pay, HMRC and pension payments. To pay staff, HMRC and pensions accurately and promptly. To complete payroll monthly and year end returns to the HMRC.
- To check all cash transactions, bank lodgements and handle and manage petty cash.
- To reconcile all control accounts
- Petty Cash etc.
Audit and Compliance:
- Responsible for month end financial procedures, in readiness for the external audit and assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements.
- To prepare and provide financial information to the Board on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of organisational and project budgets.
- Complete all statutory returns.
- Analyse reports/statistics and communicate findings.
- To liaise with the CEO to ensure compliance with all financial systems and processes.
- To prepare accurate budgets, forecasts and short and medium term financial plans
- To prepare financial technical specifications for tender processes
- To prepare monitoring reports for funding bodies, promptly and accurately
- Identify and follow up new sources of funds and maintain files on these and existing and past supporters and donors.
- A recognised IATI Professional Qualification
- 3rd level Education
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting system including Sage Payroll and BACS
For further information, and to apply for this Payroll/Accounts Officer job, please contact Laura McFarlane. Visit our website for a full list of Accountancy & Finance opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.