Currently recruiting for a Finance Manager within a Charitable organisation based in Newry on a permanent basis.
This is an opportunity to take the lead role in the Financial Management of this organisation. This will be for a 30 hour week with flexible working offered.
- To be responsible for the year-end and month end financial procedures
- Prepare for the internal and external audit process, providing information and answering questions raised the audit team.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and short and medium term financial plans
- Produce management accounts for individual budget, including the preparation of financial information and key performance indicators for internal review
- Produce financial reports for the CEO and board meetings and where necessary attend these meetings to present them.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of any bad debts to recover and minimise losses
- Act as a senior member of the finance team, producing financial reports and analysis for the CEO and board to support strategic projects.
- Directly line manage the finance team, monitoring the team’s performance against objectives and key performance indicators.
- Monitor the accuracy of the finance and accounting system, ensuring completeness of postings and correcting errors in a timely manner.
- To maintain the ledgers within the finance and accounting system, ensuring new accounts and changes to accounts are processed and approved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To support the finance team with the processing of complex transactions on the finance and accounting system, providing advice, guidance and training to upskill every member of the team.
- To act as an approver for accounting journals, payment/BACS runs and to authorise the addition of new suppliers to the purchase ledger.
- To oversee and monitor all policies and procedures relating to Finance
- A recognised IATI Professional Qualification
- 3rd Level Education
- Extensive experience working within a finance function
- Experience of working in a lead role managing a team
- Experience of managing complex budgets
- Experience of producing and presenting complex management accounts
- Experience of developing and operating financial systems and procedures including audit compliance controls
- Experience o management of fixed assets and capital accounting
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload as well as delivering to timescales
For further information, and to apply for this Internal Auditor job, please contact Laura McFarlane. Visit our website for a full list of Accountancy & Finance opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.