Project Automation Engineer
Our client in the Londonderry/Derry have a requirement for a Project Automation Engineer to join their team. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating production scheduling, liaise with the Design team to ensure that production requirements can be met and ensure components are ordered and available for manufacturing. For more information please call Adam Cromwell, or see our website.
- Lead design meetings to ensure a full understanding of the production requirements and schedule from the outset.
- Maintain clear communication with the design team and management to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Compile the bill of materials on receipt of the design ensuring that all components are ordered within the adequate timeframe and within schedule.
- Generate drawings prior to commencement of production.
- Be the first point of contact for the client through the production schedule and after dispatch of the product to ensure that any issues or queries are addressed.
- Assign relevant tasks to junior engineers and apprentices ensuring efficiency.
- Maintain regular communication with junior staff and monitor performance ensuring that any deficiencies are brought to the attention of your line manager.
- Monitor the project schedule ensuring that the production schedule is adhered to, and any issues are brought to the attention of your line manager e.g. time constraints or additional cost outside of budget.
- Ensure projects are completed within the relevant timescales and budget.
- Experience within a project engineering role, preferably within the electrical or mechanical engineering field.
- Third level qualification in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is essential:
- Control Systems
- PLC’s/Industrial Automation
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
- Robotics (Industrial and/or Collaborative)
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to remedy problems correctly and with speed
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent
For further information, and to apply for this Project Automation Engineering position or other opportunities, please contact Adam Cromwell or visit our Website.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response