An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant within a leading NI organisation on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will work within a small busy finance team providing essential support for the senior team.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- Competitive Salary
- Maghera based location
- Fast paced and growing organisation
- General ledger invoice coding and postings
- Organising invoices for authorisation and liaising with staff to ensure invoices are signed off in a timely manner
- Logging and chasing resolution of invoice queries
- Setting up of new vendors, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is recorded
- Dealing with supplier queries courteously and efficiently
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Monthly supplier statement runs
- Filing of authorised and paid invoices, payments and remittances
- Month end duties i.e. ensuring all invoices are entered within period end timeframes, and the reconciliation of key supplier statements for provisions
- Chase up VAT invoices which have been paid on a proforma basis
- Logging and maintain mileage logs for company vehicles
- Monthly analysis of overhead costs
- Additional ad-hoc duties to support the finance department
- Previous experience working in a busy finance function in a similar role is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines is essential.
- Previous experience working within a busy finance office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player with the ability to work independently using their own initiative.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of computerised accounts packages and MS Office.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
For further information, and to apply for this Accounts Assistant job, please contact Laura McFarlane. Visit our website for a full list of Accountancy & Finance opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.