An excellent opportunity is available for an Internal Auditor to join a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre on a permanent basis.
The Internal Auditor will by key in assisting with the delivery of the Corporate Internal Audit Plan and delivery of a range of audit and advisory/consulting projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated auditor to have a key role in further developing leading practices within the internal audit service.
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent City Centre location
- Exciting and impacting role
- Complete work in accordance with the internal audit methodology and quality control requirements
- Undertake supervisory review of work carried out by contracted resource on discrete audit assignments
- Evaluate categorisation of reported findings and recommendations using organisations risk assessment matrix
- Perform work in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics and professional practices framework (IPPF)
- Organise own time and contacts with auditees to complete audit assignments in accordance with agreed budget and deadlines
- Independently prepare detailed work plans, including risk matrices and test plans based on the planned scope of reviews
- Lead multiple internal audit assignments, ensuring deliverables are managed to meet reporting deadlines
- Proactively identify risks and controls and contribute to their evaluation
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret disparate or large volumes of data insight
- Draft monthly status updates on open internal audit actions
- Any other duties as required
- A third level qualification - Degree (or equivalent)
- Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a current member of one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (UK & Ireland) (PIIA / CIA or MIIA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Institute in England and Wales
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
- The Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
- Have at least 3 years audit (internal or external) experience. Experience in an audit
- (internal or external) role must include:
- Leading reviews of operational and financial activities;
- Evaluation of the design and operating, effectiveness / efficiency of internal
- controls; and
- Leading end to end audit projects / assignments.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
For further information, and to apply for this Internal Audit job, please contact Laura McFarlane. Visit our website for a full list of Accountancy & Finance opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.